Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008











McKade found his Halloween costume back in September and just had to be a monkey. Then as Halloween drew nearer McKade became unsure about his costume and just wanted to wear his penguin costume from last year. He was afraid his costume wasn't cool enough and people would laugh at him. I struggled with this because I don't want him worrying about what other people think so much I just want him to be strong in his own skin. But he ended up wearing the costume but I overheard him tell a lady in our ward after she told him how cute he looked that "my mom made me wear this costume." Anyway, I think he had a fun Halloween. His Uncle Sterling took him out trick or treating since Dad had to work. So, he went door to door with his cousin Kati. How happy I am to have them live right behind us!!! McKade got to enjoy wearing his costume at school, our ward party and trick or treating but I bet he is excited next year to choose something besides a monkey. I thought he was darling!!!! I also included a picture of his cousins Jayde and Kati. Kati is a classic witch and if you can't tell Jayde is Sara Palin (I did her hair). I don't know where Jayde came up with the idea to be the hunting, Miss Alaska version of Sara Palin but it was sure funny.

No comments: