Friday, December 5, 2014

Travel Approval is HERE!!

On Monday December 1st I got the call from my adoption agency that TA (Travel Approval) was in the system.  She said she wasn't sure how long it would take to get but she thought it would be quick. I was so excited to know that we are truly so close to getting our little boy.  The next day I got a call that they had our TA and they were applying for CA (Consulate Appointment).  When you apply for your CA you must put 5 dates down.  We decided to put the 22nd, 23rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th.  Our first choice was leave on December 12, Gotcha on December 15, CA on December 22 and home December 26th.  I asked my agency if I could get home for Christmas and she said there wasn't.  So we went through other dates and I decided to call my friend and see how she felt about missing Christmas.  Although I knew she would say lets do it.  She has been so amazing through all this.  I love that she will be going with me to China and I can't wait for her to experience this amazing country.  I was right she said lets do whatever you want.

So I called my travel agent just to get an idea on flights.  He said if my CA was the 22nd I would be home on Christmas Eve.  So I called my agency and said lets put in the dates we discussed and I would pray we would get the 22nd and not have to miss Christmas or travel into the new year.  I seriously stopped what I was doing and prayed.  My agency said we would know tomorrow what date we received.

At 5:30 PM I got notice from the US Consulate that we had gotten the date of the 22nd.  I was so happy and again thanked my Heavenly Father for once again making everything happen in such a perfect way.  I would get my little boy in exactly ten days and I would get to spend Christmas with my family.

I got off the phone and called the travel agency and begin booking our flights.  Again everything fell into place and we got great flights for a great price.  Had we waited til January the flights were almost double in price.

So the old total was $ 18,570.94

Airfare for Joel and I $2350.40

New Total $20,921.34

I then began to email my guide in China to arrange my travel plans.  My other adoptions we were with groups.  Kian small group.  Louvee large group.  This time no group just Tiff and I.  It is much more expensive when you can't share the costs with a group.  We needs guides almost the entire time we are there so it gets expensive.

I was told I needed to wire $3618.00 to China before I left the USA.  This would cover most of our fees in China but not all.  It will cover our guides, one hotel, and transportation.  In China I will still need to tip our drivers and guides daily, pay all adoption fees and eat as well as any tours that we do.

I said I would be very honest with these posts so people wanting to adopt knew exactly the costs.

After wire we are at a Total of $24,539.34

I lay in bed last night and wondered how I would get the money to wire.  I wondered how I could get money off a credit card.  We are just maxed out right now and do not have the money to use.  I finally went to sleep but woke up at 5:30 am again wondering how I would get $3800 (I thought it was $3800 not $3618) Here is the story of what happened next.

I had a lot of stress today thinking about the money.  I called my agency to make sure I could wire the money next week allowing me more time to figure some things out.  They said that would be fine.  I took my kids out for the day to see Santa and attend the Festival of Trees.  I am glad I did as they really enjoyed it.  When I got home I looked at my email and saw that I had a large donation in my Go Fund Me account.  Below is the Thank You I wrote to this amazing donor.

I am sitting here ugly crying trying to think of words to express my humble heart that is bursting open with gratitude.  Today I was told I needed to wire 3800 dollars to China to pay for most our in country expenses.  I was starting to panic as we are truly at our end.  I was trying to figure out how to put this on a credit card.  I think I honestly pray all day that this adoption will work out.  I am then given peace every time.  I feel like maybe my Heavenly Father yells at me because he is sick of my asking saying "I told you I would take care of this".  Jeff called me and said we got a check from the dealership for $2500 that somewhere an error was made and they owed us money (we had to turn in our cool Durango for an AWESOME mini van).  I thought ok we are close we will find the rest of the money.  Then I got an email showing this amazing donation.  I prayed instantly telling my Heavenly Father thank you for sending His angels to me once again.  If you do the math with the $2500 and 1250 and 95 the total is 3845.  We now have the money to wire to China.  When the Lord told us to adopt Joel He said He would work it out.  He has not only with the money but with the time.  Adoptions take FOREVER, ours took 4 months and two days!!  You are all answers to so many prayers.  Please know I will NEVER forget this kindness, I will pay it forward I promise you.  Please hug and kiss everyone for me and tell them how much I love and appreciate all of you.  The miracles we have seen with this adoption have been so many and so tender.  Thank you for helping make this miracle adoption a reality.

I have never once been alone in this adoption journey.  I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who has worked out everything big and small.  Above was a big and now I will tell you a tender small.  I was stressing to get Joel's room ready.  So tonight I dove in and got it ready.  I then called my sister in law Emily to get the crib she planned to loan me.  She said she couldn't find all the hardware but that she found a nice crib on KSL for $50 and she was going to pick it up and bring it over.  Its a darling, very nice crib.  Joel's room is ready for him to come home (almost).  Everything, BIG and small is falling into place.  I am so blessed!!  Pray day and night whenever your heart is full, tell HIM EVERYTHING He will always listen.  He waits for us and wants to help but we do need to ask.

No comments: