Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lots 4th Try at In Vitro Fertilization




Here at the Lots home we just completed our 4th attempt at In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). If you remember we did our first unsuccessful attempt in 2002, our second successful with Mckade in 2003, our third unsuccessful attempt in 2006 and this 4th SUCCESSFUL in February 2008. Yep you read right, we are PREGNANT at our house!! I am due on my Birthday in November!! That means, myself, McKade and new Baby all share November birthdays. I hope Jeff can handle all us Scorpios.


Most people don't have pictures of their children this early in life but thanks to the U of U we do. Yep you are looking at 2 of the 3 embryos we implanted on February 26. We implanted 3 but do not have a picture of the 3rd because the doctor had no intentions on putting in 3 embryos. In fact, he made us sign a paper that said he did not agree with our decision to put 3 embryos in. Jeff and I just knew we were supposed to put in 3 and we are thankful we did and we will have no regrets, even if we get triplets. We will keep you posted on when we know how many will be coming to our home.


I want to thank all my family and friends who helped us with the last IVF process. So many of my neighbors took McKade to their homes so he could play and give me time to rest. That was appreciated more than words can ever say. Many friends brought over books, magazines, foods and most important, company. I was so bored being down flat for 12 days. But in the end it was more than worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It is so good and so cute! What a beautiful family!