Sunday, April 20, 2008

What Can I Say but "DIDO"

Journey To Our Daughter

Our journey began with doctors.
Infertility - they tried to figure out
why.
I would never have my own child,
I felt like I would die.
But then I heard a whisper
That was oh so far away.
Will my husband hear it?
Would we decide today?
Our journey didn’t end here.
We still had much to learn.
We wanted to be a family
And for this, we would yearn.
But then we heard that whisper
That was oh so far away.
Our child is out there somewhere.
We’re waiting for that day.
Our journey continues further
To find out where to go.
We discussed our many options -
China is how our family would grow.
Our journey isn’t over -
We’ve been waiting for over a year.
Our daughter is still out there.
Her cries we still can’t hear.
But then we heard that whisper
That was oh so far away.
Our child is out there somewhere.
We’re waiting for that day.
Our journey will take us to our daughter.
We’ll look into her eyes.
We’ll finally be a
family.
I think we’re
going to cry.
~ Susan Golden,

No comments: