Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swim Lessons for McKade







McKade has been scared to death of swimming for the past 2 years so I didn't expect much from him when I signed him up for swim lessons this year. I was sure he would cry and throw a fit and not get in the water because it was the big pool and not the baby pool. But as always Mc amazed me and got right in and had no problem doing what his teacher asked of him. He put his head under water and jumped in with no fear. His teacher told me she was sure he would be swimming by the end of the 6 session course. I thought, whatever lady!! But sure enough at the end of his 4th class he was swimming underwater to the stairs by himself. By lesson 6 he was feeling very confident about being in the water and was not afraid to swim to the stairs. McKades favorite part of swim lessons was getting in the hot tub after class. Boy this kid of mine amazes me sometimes and I realize I should give him a little more credit. Over the next couple of weeks after swim lessons McKade got more brave and started jumping in the pool with his floaties on and begging me to get in the pool with him so he could take off his floaties and practice swimming. McKade is a kid that will do what he wants when HE wants to and on HIS own time.

No comments: