Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Funny Things by McKade


I keep saying I will write down the funny things McKade says and I never do so I decided to post this one. Jeff, McKade and I all went to Wingers one night for dinner. This is McKades favorite place to eat, he loves the sticky fingers even if they are a little hot. We went last minute and as we were heading out the door I told McKade to put on a hat because his hair was out of control. So, why we were sitting at dinner McKade took off his hat and his wild hair came out and I told him to put the hat back on. So he did while saying, "Afro in" then he would take off his hat and say, "Afro Out!" Afro in, Afro out. We got a good laugh out of this. This winter I took McKade to my hair dresser and asked her what to do with his crazy hair. She said I should try growing it out a little and see what the curl will do. She warned me that there would be an awkward stage and then his hair should start to curl nicely. Well, there was definitely an awkward stage but sure enough McKade now has a curly head of hair that gets compliments where ever we go. But, without lots of gel he has exactly what he says an AFRO. I asked him one day if he wanted me to cut his hair and he said, "No, I like my Afro." However there was a day when he said, "Mom, I don't want my hair curly today, I would like a mo-hawk!!" Overall, I am loving his curls and each night I rub my fingers through his hair until he says, "Mom, quit pulling on my afro."

No comments: