Monday, October 5, 2009

We SOLD the Layton Real Deals on Home Decor

A couple of months ago we decided two stores was to much work so we decided to sell the Bountiful store since it was the furthest away. But, we had a girl in Arizona who currently owns a Real Deals there who wanted to buy our store but she wanted Layton. She is moving back to Utah and Layton is closer to her than Bountiful. So, we decided to sell her the Layton store. It was really hard for us to let the store go but felt it was for the best. Thanks to all of you who supported our store, we had so much fun spending time with you. I think I will miss my friends who work and shop there the most. Here are a couple of my favorite memories:

This is Jen decorating our First Flying J store in Cheyenne, WY. (We have the contract to decorate all Flying J's in the USA & Canada). We had such a great time doing this but only because the people of Cheyenne provided us with tons to laugh at for years to come. I honestly think Jen needed therapy after this trip due to way to much REDNECK exposure!! Jen is an amazing decorator and I enjoyed every minute with her at the store. Jen I will miss working with you so much, thanks for all your hard work!!

Kim once managed the Riverdale and Layton locations but had to step back a little to be a FULL time Mom. But she always filled in for us when we were out of town or in a bind. Kim was so much fun and she is a wonderful listener and friend. The store was always our hang out place to catch up on each others lives and laugh and chill together. Now we will have to go to lunch to do this!!

Char and I at the store before my Mom got off work to meet us there. Man we look different and I am proud to say I have lost a few lbs since this picture!!
*** I don't have a picture of Stacie but she was our newest employee and a perfect fit on our team!! She was easy going and funny and she got me caught in a lie with her husband but I forgive her:) Seriously Stacie is so much fun I never would have thought I could get such a great employee from an emailed resume... Stacie, Jen, Kim you girls can work for me anytime and I hope we still get together and hang out or I will cry.
Rob made us this counter. My dad is so talented, I wish I could take this with us!!

Our Layton store in the Wyndom Square shopping center.
I will also miss Gordon & Steve at Ace Hardware, Steve at Aim Mail Center, Alex at Rovalies, the lady at Fongs Chinese and Bruce at the tanning Salon!!

The 3 Queens of Decor
Brittani Lots, Vickie Benincosa & Char Lyman
I love you ladies thanks for the great times!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Now what will I do???? :) I am excited for your new opportunities, and know that you will be successful at those as well.