Sunday, October 3, 2010

1st Day of 1st Grade

McKades first day of 1st grade. McKade was so excited to start school, he was a little nervous about lunch time but so was I. No, McKades eating has not improved. The poor kid will have to eat and peanut butter and honey sandwich every day except for 4 times a month when they have pizza, chicken nuggets or chicken strips. I keep hoping he will get bored of the same things and try something new but not yet!!
I can't believe how grown up he is already. It seems like yesterday he was just learning to walk. Man how time flies. He is such a sweet boy though and I have enjoyed being home with him the past 3 years. I am so thankful I took the time off of work to spend with him. Even now that I have to go back to work at least I will be home before he gets out of school.
Here he is ready to go with his Star Wars backpack, he is obsessed with Star Wars right now. I really shouldn't say obsessed because he actually is a very balanced kid. I never have to tell him to quit playing video games or go outside and play or quit watching TV. He does each activity for a little while and then he is off to something new.

Riley is in his class last year. Yeah you can tell by the photo that he is a little hyper. They both have blond curly hair so people mistake them for each other at school all the time. I am sure it didn't help that they wore the same colors the first day of school. His cousin Brookie is also in his class as well as our neighbor Abby. He got an excellent teacher Mrs. Quarnberg. I have heard really great things about her so I am hoping for a great year. Good Luck McKade and enjoy 1st grade. I love you!!



No comments: