When I was little every year we went to the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Fort Bridger, Wyoming. Many of you may not know this about me but I lived in Wyoming as a very small child and moved to Utah when I was about 4 years old after my parents divorced. I loved the rendezvous growing up and so I thought McKade might really enjoy it. If nothing else I knew he would love camping at Uncles for the weekend.
Rendezvous camp site.
Eating lunch with the Lyman Family.
They have old fashioned root beer, fried potatoes, steak sandwiches and so much more.
Mc of course just had fries!! I am glad he was smiling in this picture it was SO WINDY that it was hard to enjoy the day!!
Jeff and Mc taking up camp with the Mountain Men!!
Mom and Mc taking up camp with the Indians!!
After the rendezvous Kati wanted to show us her horse. So we drove to the bad lands (thats what we called it as kids because its clay hills that we thought were bad I guess). I didn't want to wait for a saddle, it had been to long since I had been on a horse so....
I jumped on bare back, it felt great like I was 12 again. I really miss the ranch life with horses and open space and no cell phones!! But I am now to city and just wish I were rich and had lots of money with horses and land and I could pay people to take care of everything!!
Jeff rode bare back as well, the first time for him. I was impressed since this is only the 2nd time he has rode a horse. But this horse is pretty old and tame so all was fine. Jeff is a good sport.
Char was the last to ride bare back. Sterling tried to get the horse to run and scared Char to death and some very bad words came out of her mouth that is why Sterling is laughing so hard.
Jeff, Char, Nikki, Ryan and Sterling. Nikki and Ryan also came with us on the trip. I am pretty sure they were bored out of their minds. You just have to sit back, relax and and enjoy the small town life!!
Kati wanted to saddle her horse and Tillie wanted to talk to the horse. Kati loves Wyoming and has the best time there. Tillie also loved the trip and was so happy for once that she got to come along!!
For those of you who have never seen my real dad, here you go. I am not quite sure about his outfit not many people have seen him in shorts but of course he has his cowboy hat on. Its also a rare occasion that he is not wearing his cowboy boots, but he does love his boat shoes!! Not to many people have pet pigs but these pigs acted just like dogs. This house is the house I lived in after I was first born. My mom and brother call it the Christensen place when they talk about it, I am not sure why I will have to get more information. My dad asked me if I remembered living here but NO I think I was only 6 weeks old or so at the time. It has been remodeled and it was looking very nice.
Jeff got to write his name on the wall for finishing the "Scrud Burger". He was sick after but he finished the burger. We had great food as always as Scruds. Jeff hadn't been there so we had to try a little of everything from my favorite the rice, to burgers, philly steak nachos, fried zinger and his ultimate hot wings. Seriously, Jeff had to use gloves to peel the wings off the bone, he almost got one down but had to quit due to his mouth literally being on fire. I barley touched the sauce and could fill it for at least an hour.
Jeff Lots, the next host of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives!!
And for those of you who do not know my brother, this is SCRUD. He is 2+ years older than me. He owns this restaurant that I told him I could not come back for 6 months because I eat way to much here. We had a fun weekend with the family. Now just have to decide if we should make this a yearly tradition or not?? This is the first time Mc has not been able to make it to a restroom while driving. We had to pull over so he could pee and he did it like a champ. You know I had to take a picture!! His outfit is awesome!! He had to change since he got soaked in the river playing fetch with the dogs!!

1 comment:
Looks like a great weekend! :) We will join you one of these years.
Post a Comment