Monday, August 22, 2011

Bear Lake

Our friends, Nate and Janine Porter, invited us to Bear Lake and for once we were able to go.  Well we were able to go for a little over 24 hours.  That's how our summer trips were this year with all our vacation used in China.  I have to admit I did a horrible job at taking pictures so there isn't much to see.  Some of the highlights were-Mc riding his first 4 wheeler, ALONE.  I must admit that one scared me to death.  Hanging out late into the night chatting with good friends, Mc having a sleep over with all his friends, swimming, hiking, ER scare, golf and that is pretty much it!!
This is Kians first hike and he loved it.  We hiked up to Bloomington Lake because our friends raved about a rope swing.  Once we got up there we found out the rope swing was caught up in the trees.  Bloomington lake was surrounded by snow and I guess is fed by a glacier so the water is very cold.  The men showed off and had to take a swim. 
Here is Jeff, Nate, Jackson and Jake talking each other into the jump.
I believe all the guys but Jackson jumped in and to let you know how cold it was the guys said they had internal plumbing for awhile after... Jeff was the last one in...
Patty then showed us up and jumped in and Janine tried to talk me into it but I decided I was to old for peer pressure so she talked Jake into going in again with her.  Things went a little wrong when a stick went into Jake's leg and they were off to the ER.  It was scary but Jake was tough and all ended well.  Lots of laughs and fun times, to bad we couldn't stay for the rest of the weekend.  Maybe next time???

No comments: