I honestly thought this day would never come. We felt like the time had finally come for McKade to graduate from the OCD clinic at the University of Utah. McKades OCD is all about food and the fear he has of food. It got so bad that McKade was letting it control his life or using it to control his environment. I was truly hoping that when McKade finally graduated it would mean he was eating food. This is not the case but now McKade is a picky eater like other children. He no longer panics about meal time, going to a friends during meal time, etc. He even eats school lunch which I thought would never happen.
Amy is McKades therapist. She has been so great with him and he will eat a whole lot of different foods for her that for us he won't touch. I am sure we will see her again as there are times with OCD that it creeps back up but we are glad we have her and found such an amazing clinic to help Mc. He ended up needing 25 sessions but luckily it was only $20 a session. Food OCD is the hardest to work with and takes the longest to work through.
McKade is very happy that this is his last visit to the clinic. We celebrated with Chinese food, Mc's choice. Chinese food is one thing Mc eats well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment