McKades voice teacher thought it would be a good idea for McKade to enter this Vocal Competition. McKade liked the idea because the winner got $500.00. McKade practiced for a very long time and even had to learn choreography for the first time. It was a great experience for him and he learned so much.
McKade before the competition started. He was #101 in his age group which meant he was the 1st one to perform. His age group went from 8-12 years of age.
Kati & Jayde Lyman were so nice to come and support Mc. Phaidra, Garrick & Zane also came to support Mc along with Grandma & Grandpa Benincosa.
McKade didn't place at this competition which is ok because I understand you don't always have to win. Mc was upset because he really wanted to buy a pool with his winnings??? I will tell you the problem I know have with competitions, they are not fair. First off age 8-12 years is a huge gap in age, experience, etc. Second off the best people did not win. There was a girl who sang PERFECT opera and did not even place. I honestly thought McKade would place because he was the only one in his age group to dance, rap and sing. He also chose an age approrpiate song which most of the singers did not. Again I am fine that McKade didn't win but there were some amazing singers who were beat out by not so talented kids. So I am definetly not a COMPETITION MOM!!
Mc wore himself out and was fast asleep on the way home.
McKade did learn a lot, he needs to SMILE wich he should have learned from the Christmas Carol last year. He really needs to be aware of his face when he performs. His feedback from the judges was:
Strong points:
Fun choreography
Great performance
Great rap and costume
Nice dance moves
Great job with the words
Engages the audience
Focused
Work to improve:
Intonation
Facial expression and eye contact
**Watch his performance at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2sCn1I56c&feature=BFp&list=FLXD8xxeXp5_Mnig-Z2PpCHQ
**Watch his performance at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2sCn1I56c&feature=BFp&list=FLXD8xxeXp5_Mnig-Z2PpCHQ
No comments:
Post a Comment