Saturday, October 11, 2014

DOSSIER is in the MAIL

Ok to keep you updated on the adoption process.  Last I wrote we had I800A approval and could finish getting all our documents authenticated.  I chose to pay a company to do this (extra $90 so worth it) because they could save me time and right now its all about time.  Yesterday the documents arrived at my house.  I took all my paperwork and went and made a copy of it.  I included Joel's medical expedite letters because we are going to try and get China to expedite.  I spoke to our adoption agency and she said she would be calling as well as having others call.  She told me after they lost Bran (my friends little boy who passed away before his family could get him from China) she was not risking anything and would be pushing very hard to get Joel home.  She also told me she was so impressed with how fast I got my paperwork done.  I said I had a very good reason that kept me very driven.  I also included 9 photos of our family to show China what home and family Joel would be living with.  I also had to include passport copies and passport photos as well.  Once copies were made I took the dossier and had it overnighted to my adoption agency.  They are aware it is coming and have set time aside first thing Monday to get it ready to be mailed to China.  So, if all goes as plan our dossier will be on its way to China on MONDAY.  So excited I can hardly stand it!!!

So here is the running tally on costs:

$11.28 to copy Dossier
$19.99 to overnight Dossier to Madison Adoption Associates

Total $4,105.05

We're coming Joel!!

Did I mention that Kian's dossier took me one year.
Louvee's dossier took me 6 months.
Joel's dossier took me 2 months and 10 days
(and thats after I wasted one month waiting for fingerprints.)
I know my Heavenly Father is making this all happen on his time frame and I am so thankful for all His love and support.

One final thought:
I have some friends with Love Without Boundaries heading to China in a  couple of weeks and I mailed Jan a package to take to Joel.  It included a photo book (with the pictures of Mc and I holding Joel in China).  A toy Dragon because Joel was born the year of the dragon.  A mink blankie, because every child needs a blankie.  A book all about how much I LOVE HIM.  Oh and also a Birthday card because he is now 2!!!  So excited that soon my friends will be smothering him with kisses.  I can't wait until its me!!!



No comments: