I bought this for Jeff, I can't remember if it was before or after we were married. But he liked the saying and so did I. Oh we were so young and had no idea what this would truly mean in our lives.
I don't know why I share all my weak moments but here I go again. I think I share them to help me remember. About a week ago I was having another hard day. I was again exhausted with, well everything. The adoption process wears me out. I often feel like I carry this burden alone because I feel like if I complain to Jeff he will say then why are we doing this. So at times I keep it to myself or vent it to the Lord. Well I was having my not best day and I started thinking do I really want to add one more to our family? I have just finished potty training Louvee, we could be done with potty training. We are close to being able to travel easier. We would have more money. etc, etc you get the point (I am embarrassed of my selfish moment) I know this is how Satan works, he wants me to doubt, he wants me to be discouraged, he does not want me to add another child to our family, to the Gospel. Just as quickly as these negative thoughts started to plague my mind I heard a voice in my head speak very clearly to my mind. "I did not send you here for easy." My thoughts quickly changed to why we are here on this earth. Its not to travel easier, to have more money or nicer things, etc etc. It is to bring souls back to Him. It is to raise a family. I was very humbled and quickly got back on track. I believe in my heart I would never back out on this adoption for ANYTHING but Satan wants me to, he is working very hard on me. I am so thankful for my loving Father in Heaven who loves and reminds me of my true purpose in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment