Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I800 Approved, Visa Submitted for Joel, Visa Submitted for Tiffany and I, Article 5 Approved

So much has happened since my last post.  I will just type quickly to catch you up.  After we received our LOA on November 3, 2014 I signed it and mailed it off to immigration and our adoption agency.  We received I800 approval on November 7, 2014.  The Chinese government is closed from the 7-12 so I hope to get Joel's Visa filed and everything ready for Article 5 in that time.  I was able to fill Joel's Visa out on November 13th.  It was frustrating waiting for the National Visa Center to get the I800 and get it in the system so we could apply.  This step had to be done before we could apply for Joel's visa.  This is a step I do not remember doing with my other 2 adoptions.  I was told that this was a newer version of an old step.  It was quite funny actually as I had to answer pages of questions like are you a terrorist?  Have you ever been a terrorist?  Do you use drugs?  Do you run a sex traffic ring?  And on and on and on...I filled this out at 6am so I was tired and maybe that is why it was all so funny but it was.  My sweet little boy has never been a terrorist.  And has anyone EVER ANSWERED YES to any of those crazy questions.  Like YES I was a terrorist but I am now in recovery...  Once this step was completed our adoption agency submitted all of our paperwork for Article 5.  Most people who expedite this step takes one day.  Well we were sure it would be expedited but after day one and no approval I worried we would wait.  Good news non expedites were only taking a week so I tried to be patient.  I did bother my poor agency a couple of times by email.  This morning I actually called and Amanda was so great and patient with me.  When the call ended I was reminded that I would true in His time frame with this adoption.  Joel would join our family when He was ready and in His time.  I felt peace today.  After waiting since November 13-November 25 we finally got the approval notice today that Article 5 was issued.  

We are down to TWO STEPS!!!! 
Travel Approval-TA
Consulate Approval-CA

TA can take up to two weeks to be issued if not longer.  I have seen other expedited get it within hours of their Article 5.  So tonight I will go to bed with prayers of thanks and prayers that I will remember His timing.  Again I know I have to do everything I can on my end and then let Him work out the time.  I honestly can say I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN to make this the fastest adoption possible.

Please pray that Joel will continue to have good health and that we can get him home soon.

I promised to be honest about everything so people could really understand the international adoption process so I must add up our totals.

$2825.00
$1500 of this is a China Service Fee (honestly have no idea what this means)
$1000 to ensure that adoption post placement reports and visits are completed.  If I understand this right after 5 years if we complete all the post adoption visits and reports they will give us back this $1000.  We will complete all the reports as I feel if I didn't it would be a disgrace to China.
$325 is a Visa for Joel.

$5715.15 China Program-SWI Donation for Huainan (35,000 RMB)
This donation is for the Orphanage that Joel was placed in for a short time.  When we adopted Kian we had to carry all this money in cash to China.  They now let the adoption agency pay it for us which is so helpful.  I would stress so much about having all that money on me all the time.

$350 Tiffany and my Visas for China
Cool thing about this they just put into place a 10 year Visa.  I of course applied for this in hopes I will be back to China within 10 years.  Hopefully on an LWB cleft trip.  I hope we are granted these Visas.

If I haven't told you my best friend Tiffany is making this trip with me.  She is so AMAZING to be willing to do this so close to the holiday season and at all.  Jeff has no more vacation time this year and honestly its to hard to leave 3 kids at home without one of us there.  Tiffany will keep me calm, make me laugh and be my rock.  She can see me at my worst and still love me.  I love her for that and I am so excited to share this journey with her.

$25.74 postage for Visas

Grand Total $18,570.94

Joel you are so worth it, I AM COMING SOON!!!!

No comments: