Saturday, September 24, 2011

Labor Day

More Traditions....why do we keep starting MORE traditions???
McKade LOVES to go to Wyoming to his Uncles property.  Jeff and I, not so much, but we know Mc loves it so we have started taking him down once a year over Labor Day.  Here the kids are in the car ready to go get THEIR REDNECK ON!!!
I spent the first several hours of the trip relaxing by the river enjoying the quiet and sunshine while the kids played.  Kian liked going on a ride with Uncle.
Mc loves the animals and riding horses so its nice that my real dad, Troy, works on a ranch that horses for us to access when we visit.
Jeffs not a country boy but he "COWBOYED UP" this trip and rode the donkey and a horse.
Had I of known there would be enough horses for all of us to ride I would have brought my boots instead of just my flip flops. 
I sunburned my neck sitting by the river enjoying the silence earlier in the day so I'm wearing Coltons shirt, not trying to start a new fashion.
Jeff was struggling with the reins and getting the horse to move so I motioned to Sterling to smack it on the butt.  He was to nice, instead he got on a horse and got Jeffs horse trotting.  Char and I laughed hysterically at Jeffs face when that horse took off, CLASSIC!!
The KIDS-Colton, Katie and Cooper AKA Willard (from Footloose)
Colton met Katie who is a local and as he says way fun to hang out with and Cooper is his friend.  I think he looks just like Willard so I have him that nickname.
Kian had just woken up and wanted NOTHING to do with horses or donkeys.
Mc rode every chance he could and really likes the country and all that goes with it.
This is the first time my real Dad, Troy and his wife Betty Jo met Kian. 
This is what Jeff calls "Doing it Donkey Style"
This is the cutest donkey and so sweet, its hard to get her to move but the kids love brushing and feeding her.  After this we took Kian and went home and let McKade stay in his PARADISE!!  Its fun to hang out with my bro and his family and that makes the trip worth it.  Also to see Mc really enjoy everything is wonderful.  Nice day trip to Wyoming.

No comments: