Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kians 2nd Birthday, But 1st With Us!!!

August 12, 2009-Kians Date of Birth.
August 16, 2009-Date Kian was found in hospital waiting room in China and his date of birth guesstimated at August 12, 2009.

I try not to think to often about Kians life in China.  Why is this??  I am not sure but to be honest I find myself thinking about his life there more than I want to.  For instance-what day was Kian really born on??  I can't even imagine how his mother felt when she left him in that hospital waiting room??  Did Kian celebrate a 1st birthday???  Is Kians birth mom thinking of him today, now the tears are flowing down my cheeks, does she know how much he is loved and how this little man has healed our hearts and made us such a happy family.  Does she know he is hugged, and kissed hundreds of times per day.  Is her heart OK and I pray that it is.  Birth mom, whoever you are, where ever you are, THANK YOU, and I pray you have peace and know Kian is LOVED!!

August 14, 2011 date we "Officially" Celebrated Kians 2nd Bithday!!
We invited all neighborhood friends to come over and celebrate Kians 2nd birthday with us.  It was very last minute but thank you all for coming.  What a FUN day!
Kian loves the guys-here he is with Erik Thompson just hanging out!
Skye Thompson and her brand new baby Kael-Skye and Erik should go into business making babies because they are all GORGEOUS!!
Kian with Brian Berrong-Best BUDS!!!
John Morgan-I just love seeing him in this little chair.
My friend Mike Murdock, Aka Art Teacher-wrote Kians name on his cake in Chinese.  Thanks Mike it looks great.  I have been trying to keep the Chinese culture in our home as much as I can but found out the Chinese do not celebrate birthdays until a person hits the ripe old age of 60 and then they celebrate long life.  So we went ahead with a good old American birthday with cake and ice cream!!
I did get red icing for his name since red is a lucky color in China!!
Kian was a little overwhelmed with all the attention.
Here we are trying to show him what to do with the candles.
Finally Big Brother helps him out!!
Yay-Happy Birthday Kian
Kian's eating has slowed way down and he had only one bite of his cake.  I know my friends who went to China with us do not believe this!!
Kian getting presents and having a little help from his friends-Anna and Olivia Berrong.
Kian giving it a go.
Anna painted this picture for Kian.
Brian Berrong got Kian a Bostons outfit, stinking cute and it will cause some problems with Uncle and Colton which is always FUN!!
The pants may fit when he is 7 but the jacket is good to go.  Thanks Friends we love having you in our lives and appreciate your love and support.

Oh what is this you ask????
My friend Patty Murphy always has old funny pictures to look at and for laughs she brought this one to my house and we taped it on the fridge to see how long it took Mike to notice.  Mr. Ferley, I mean Mike, you look HOTTTTT!!!!!!

3 comments:

Emily Lyman said...

Happy Birthday Kian!!

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

Cute little guy. So happy you are happy Britt!

Patty said...

ha ha I cannot believe you ended that CUTE bday post with THAT picture! :) You are too funny!

Great tribute to the birth mom at the beginning. Remind me to tell you about the couple I met tonight at dinner that just adopted a little girl from China. Lots of amazing stories going on!