I can't believe that McKade is 8 years old. I almost cry thinking I will feel the same way when he is 18 wondering where the time went. It truly feels like yesterday that I was pleading and begging my Heavenly Father to allow me to have a child. I still give daily thanks for this Miracle in my life. I love him and I am so proud of him.
We gave in this year and let McKade open his presents before school knowing that we had a busy day and we could be the "Cool Parents" on at least one occasion. Mc got a Karaoke and Ipod. I must confess its to further his singing talents and needed at times when he is performing.
Also because turned 8 this meant a Birthday Party. He hasn't had a big one of these since he was 5 and he wont see another one until he is 12. It was also a boy/girl party because many of his friends are girls which I think is great. A couple of boys arrived first and when a girl came to the door they were "You invited girls" I told them if they weren't cool enough to handle chicks they could go home... they handled them just fine!! But I did start to wonder if this was meaning that Mc would soon start to play more with boys and girls would become gross and then maybe at his 12 birthday he would want to invite girls and I would discourage it. Ok lets stop there and not even thing about the teenage years for a LONG while!!
Kian wanted to jump with the big kids!
Kian got lonely real quick so he quit jumping and looked for food.
Dodgeball seemed to be the highlight of Get Air.
McKade had gone to his cousin Rileys party in Sept and came home wanting his party at the same place. Luckily we found one in Roy much closer to home.
They also loved the foam pits you jump into off the trampolines.
FUN
This is Jack one of McKades best friends right now. They were in the same class in Kindergarten and now 2nd grade.
From back to Front
Corbit, Sophie, Keaton, Brooklynn, Brooks, Kaitlyn, Riley F, Riley R, Kian, Mc, Ellie & Jack
Mc giving his Birthday Speech
Kian thinking, "Dude you need to work on your smile!"
Grandpa Rob, Grandma Vickie & Great Grandma Gina
Mc is so lucky to have his grandparents close so they can support him in all he does!
Mc was so excited for presents and he got spoiled.
Mc giving his Thank You speech!
One Last Photo
I thought it was cute how they welcomed Mc on their sign.
It was a great party and what made it great for me, NO kids at my house, No food to cook, No Clean Up and did I mention No kids at my house!! We did have a car ride but it was pretty funny with the boys in one car singing and the girls in one car chatting and telling on the boys!!
8 is GREAT!!

1 comment:
He's such a cute kid. I love your comment, Kian thinking Mckade needs to work on his smile.
Post a Comment