Monday, January 19, 2009

Grandpas Funeral




This is the program from Gramps funeral. He was sure a handsome man and this is a perfect picture of how I will always remember my Grandpa. It was a WONDERFUL service. I must say the best I have ever been to, but I am sure I am a little biast. I was so impressed with all involved in the program. Prior to them closing the casket my Uncle Paul gave an amazing family prayer. My Uncle Grant told a couple wonderful stories of my Grandpa and what an honest man he was especially when it came to engaged couples coming to buy their wedding rings from him. Gramps always canceled them not to go into debt for a ring and he was a jeweler but he didn't want people getting into financial trouble. My other favorite story shared was when him and my Grams went to Disneyland and were dancing and the crowd parted just to watch them show off their moves on the dance floor, they were amazing dancers. My Mom did such a good job, she even kept her emotions in check as she shared my Gramps amazing life. There were so many times he should have died but escaped death starting at birth. My Grandpa had a big job to do on this earth and didn't leave until it was his time to go. Paul again did an amazing job as he sang the songs my Gramps had wrote. Tears fell from all eyes as the memories of Gramps singing those songs flooded our hearts. Then Grandpas Best Friends spoke Dan and Johnny. They shared the funniest stories of their 56 year friendship with Cal. I hope that I have friends like this someday. What an honor! Then us Grandkids sang I am a child of God, if you could call it singing. We all got pretty emotional but we knew it was what Gramps wanted. I will never forget how I felt in my heart when I sang the words, "I'll live with him once more." I know I will see my Grandfather again some day and I am so thankful for the gospel that has taught me this. Finally, Eddie ended the meeting with stories of his own. He touched my heart deeply as he stated. "My Father was PERFECT, Perfect for me." How true is this, we know people have faults but I hope my children will feel the same way about me one day. It was truly a special day to celebrate Grandpa's life, a day full of special memories that I will cherish forever. (1/10/09)






No comments: