Monday, January 5, 2009

Last Christmas with Grandpa


If you would have told me on Christmas Day that it would be the last Christmas with my Grandpa I would have told you that you were crazy. As you can see from Gramps picture he looks as handsome and young as ever. But as with a lot of things in life we never know what will happen next. And we are reminded all to often how short life really is. The day after Christmas my dear Gramps fell and hit his head really hard and a couple of days later he fell twice more and hit his head again. He was diagnosed with a subdural hematoma (blood on the brain) and we were devastated to learn that our dear Gramps would not be with us long. I love and admire so many things about my Grandfather, especially how much he loves my sweet, beautiful Grandmother. She has always been his sweetheart and he makes sure to tell her daily how much he loves her and how beautiful she is. I mean just look at her, she is 82 and looks like a 60yr old beauty queen. Grams and Gramps I love you so much and I feel so blessed to have you apart of my life. Gramps when you leave us and go to heaven know that we will miss you and think of you all the time, we will take good care of Grams and love her for you and I will tell her all the time how beautiful she is for you. And if its not to much to ask while your up there please find McKade a little brother or sister and send them down to us. I love you Grams and Gramps, your the BEST!!!

1 comment:

The Hall Family said...

Hey Brit,
So I opened your blog just looking around to see if you had posted anything new and it made me bawl. Nyah looked at me with this concerned look on her face. I still can't believe he is gone. He is going to be missed soo much.
Jessy