Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Son & I

I have been a mom now for a little over 5 years. I can't believe how fast time flies by. At the end of the month we have kindergarten round up and that means only a couple more months til my boy starts school. I find myself looking at him and wondering how we got to this point so fast and remembering how long it took us to get him here with us. It was well worth the wait, he has been such a joy. I am really loving this point in his life where we can spend time together doing things we both love like golfing, listening to music, dancing and snuggling. How much longer until he won't want to snuggle with me at night. I pray its a long ways off but know it will arrive much to soon. I love Mc's sense of humor, he has me laughing all the time. I love that he still gives me kisses and even after I have yelled at him all day he still tells me I am the best mom ever. I love his curly hair and his big blue eyes, I love his concern for others. I hate that he has no brothers or sisters to play with. I hate how sad he gets when he asks everyone to play and no one can. It breaks my heart to watch his sad eyes as he watches siblings together and asks repeatedly when China will get here. I love when he tells me what a good big brother he will be to China when she comes and how he will help me out with her so that I can take a nap. He is a deep thinker, has a tender heart, loves animals endlessly and wakes up each day with excitement and joy. McKade I love you, its a great honor to be your mother.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I just wanted you to know, that you can call us anytime to play. Abby would love it. Mc is a great kid, and your a great mom. Have a great day.