
McKade, Jeff, Nikki and I headed to St. George on Saturday and didn't come home until Tuesday. It was Nikki's Spring Break so we thought it was a great time to go and visit Grams and enjoy the sunshine in St. George. It was so good to see Grams, she looked great as always, a little on the skinny side though. When we got there Saturday we picked up Grams and walked through the outlets and then went out for Mexican Food, it was so YUMMY!! We then went home and watched the movie Australia. Grams had really wanted to see it in the theatre but we never got the chance so we made it up to her. It was a great show, a little long, but great. Sunday, we all got ready for church but when we got there it was Ward Conference so we only stayed for sacrament and also they have no Primary due to it being a retirement branch and Mc was pretty much done after sacrament meeting. I forgot to bring church clothes for Mc so he was wearing pants with a golf shirt and Jeff hadn't brought church clothes so he was wearing cords with one of Gramps old shirts that was a little small so he couldn't wear a tie. When we got home Grams said people probably thought we were poor due to the way we dressed. I told her she was probably the only one who noticed. Grams may be almost 83 years old but she still knows her fashion. We spent Sunday sitting in the back yard enjoying the sunshine and talking. We made dinner together and spent the night playing Spades. Jeff and Grandma played against Nikki and I and both nights they kicked our butts. Sunday we gave them a run for their money but Monday they stomped us in a little over an hour. Grams loves cards and most games and I do as well and I always look forward to playing with her. Monday we got up and McKade asked Grams for her best ever pancakes. Prior to us arriving in St. George all Mc could talk about was golf and Grams pancakes. I don't know if he had ever had her pancakes before but he sure loved them. Then Nikki, Grams and I went out back and trimmed all her shrubs, bushes and trees. It was a lot of work but I love gardening and it was great to be out in the sun and working in the yard. After, I must say, it looked great!!
2 comments:
I hate that our kids grow up so fast! Cherish these days you have snuggling I have to hold mine down anymore but believe me I do!
The sun looks good. I think we need to plan a girls trip or at a game night at the very least.
Post a Comment