Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fear Factor

Most of why I haven't been posting on my blog is because August 1 I went back to work at Triumph. I have owned Triumph since 1998 but took a 3 year break to spend time with my son. He went to 1st grade this year and my brother needed me to run a group home. I have never worked in a group home but after 4 months I am finally getting the hang of it. I love being with the boys but it is way more work than I expected.
Anyway, Fear Factor?? Boys love gross things like this so Char and I went to the store and she helped me buy Fish Oil, Sardines, Oysters, Menudo, Pigs ears, feet and stomach, anchovies and anchovy paste, pig skin, and lots of other sick stuff. I was dry heaving just opening the stuff and getting it ready. I thought for sure the boys would be puking all over the place.
Here is one boy eating a chickens foot. They just chowed this crap like no big deal.
One boy did feel a little ill so he has the trash can but he kept it down.
We got a couple of boys out with the Menudo and oysters. And some quit on the pigs ears because they were so hard to chew but we couldn't get a winner. So we combined all the crap and blended it and had to eliminate them by who finished last. Oh yea we did a blended happy meal and the boys thought it would be good but it wasn't. I could not quit dry heaving when they were drinking the blended drinks and none of them even dry heaved.
As a mother I know we are not supposed to have favorites but I have to admit. Here is my favorite. Seriously, I could put him in my pocket and carry him around all day, he is darling and sweet. He calls me mama and I love it!!
I have 16 boys but one of them would not get in the picture. My cousin Nikki is in the picture and her fiance Ryan. They both work for me which is a lot of fun. I truly love my job and my boys. They each add something different to the home and I pray that we can make a difference in their lives and help them achieve something greater.





3 comments:

Mike and Becca said...

oh so great to see a blog update, I was starting to get worried! :) looks like you are keeping busy, busy. the room remodel looks great and would have been such a fun experience. It's also great to hear your back with Triumph. I stopped by Tara's this morning to finally see her baby now that she's 4 months old :) soooo we'll have to get together soon with everyone

Cherie said...

They are so lucky to have YOU!

Patty said...

I bet you are absolutely amazing for those boys! Love the pics ... but I would have been puking for sure! Sounds like they LOVED it. Success. :)