Some of the military live and train in the front area of the Forbidden City. The Chinese do not call it the Forbidden City they call it the Palace Museum.
In the front area people could go but beyond the front area only the Emperor and his family could go. No men were allowed where the Emperor and his wives and concubines lived unless they were a eunuch, cut man. Even when the Emperors sons got to be a certain age they had to leave the area and were not allowed in the residence anymore.
What I could not get over was how HUGE this place was. It went on and on forever. There were no trees and very little vegetation. I guess no trees so snipers could not hide to take out the Emperor. That did not sound like a fun job everyone trying to kill you even your family or especially your family.
All statues were in duplicates with a male and a female. This was a female because it was feeding their cub with its finger. The Chinese didn't know where the nipples were on a lion so assumed it came from the finger. Gosh the important stuff I remember!!
I am pretty sure we are in front of the Emperors room at this point, actually it may be where they met each day with those needing to speak to him or her there were two women emperors Dragon Lady 1 and Dragon Lady 2. I knew a lot about Dragon Lady 1 and this impressed Forrest. He was surprised I knew anything and he was so good to answer all my questions. At times it felt like he would look around to see who may be listening before he answered but I truly appreciated his honestly.
Emperors Throne
We may have 5 Star Hotels but the more animals you have the better the place is!!
We finally saw some trees near the end of the Forbidden City. This is the lovers tree where an Emperor had a picture taken here with his wife. So all lovers who visit take their picture in this place so we did. 
The last Emperor of China (I believe) hung himself here. What a nice way to end the tour!!
No comments:
Post a Comment