Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Jade Factory

Brittani & Jeff Lots with John & Jackie Foster
I don't know why I didn't take more pictures at the Jade factory.  I really enjoyed watching them carve the Jade and they could do amazing things with it.  My favorite was the "Family Ball or Happiness Ball."  The Ball has 3-4 balls inside of each other and and it is made from one piece of Jade.  It symbolizes a family there are many generations but it can't be torn apart.  We bought these balls for our family as a gift to them.  I also loved the Buddha also called the Fat Buddha.  The reason for the Buddha being fat is it takes on all the pain and troubles around him and he is always smiling because he is happy to do so.  When Forrest was explaining this to me I kept thinking of our Savior who did this for us. I bought my mom a Buddha and we got Jeff's parents a really cool dragon.  This was also my 2nd favorite meal in China.  Forrest had us served the second we sat down but they would not let him join us.  The guides had to eat downstairs which really bothered me but he would not break the rules even though we wanted him to sit with us.  I must have warmed up because I actually have my coat off but probably because I have on two other layers beneath the jacket I'm wearing.

No comments: