Saturday, March 3, 2012

Triumph Academy

This year I decided to have a group photo taken and use it on our Christmas Card for Triumph Academy.  I was reminded why I never do this stuff.
I got the cards all printed and mailed off.  It was then brought to my attention that the kid on the front row, left was throwing a gang sign.  SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do I try to do nice things??
Anyway I have really enjoyed being at the group home this past year.  I wont lie its been my hardest year ever working with kids as two kids in my program attacked two of my staff and sent them to the hospital.  I then had to testify against them and witnessed one of them be sentenced to prison.  Even though it was what he earned it was still hard to see him make such poor choices and choices that effected so many innocent people.  But I saw so many young men make great choices this year and turn their lives around and go on to do great things.  It is a great job.  Its hard to be away from Kian (I only work while Mc is at school) but if I have to work I am glad its here!!


No comments: