Christmas Eve this year, I must admit I did a really crappy job at taking pictures. It was a fun day being Saturday and Jeff was home. I took home some boys from the program who didn't have any family close, McKade loves this. We took everyone to see a movie, "We bought a Zoo" it was a really cute show and talked about the importance of families so perfect for Christmas. We then had dinner at my moms with games and gifts. My mom LOVES the holidays and always goes wayyyyy overboard but it sure makes things fun. We then did the story of the Nativity and all the grandkids and my group home boys played the parts.
Who knows for many of these boys it may be the first and last time they will ever hear the Nativity story on Christmas let alone act it out. Kian as supposed to be baby Jesus but he wasn't up for the role tonight.
Everyone got along great and we had a great night. It was a strange Christmas eve as it was just Sterling and I and our families. Ginny, Phaidra and Brett weren't able to make it. We sure missed having our entire family together for the holidays. But Sterling and Jeff made a great meal and we had a great night.
Kian, Jose, Gage, JC, Colton, Kati, Andrew, Chris, Jayde, Mark, McKade
What a wonderful time of year to remember the birth of our Savior and reflect on all that he does for us. I am so thankful to have Him in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment