We kept hearing that a horrible storm was coming with HUGE winds. I honestly thought to myself, we live in South Weber we always have HUGE winds. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. I woke in the middle of the night to sounds I had never heard before. In the morning I looked at the back window and couldn't believe what I saw. CRAP everywhere, our yard furniture, BBQ laying on its side, everything in our yard in the back corner stopped by the shed and fence. My back neighbors fence was gone and huge swing set had fallen down. The trees were bending in half as they blowed. I went about my morning getting the kids up when I started to receive texts about sending the kids to school or not. I turned on the news to see that we were having Hurricane Winds and saw all the destruction to trees, semi's, stores, etc. Then I started looking out more windows.
My neighbors house had lost its siding. I then decided to keep Mc home because his anxiety was acting up and I thought I don't want to have to go out in this to pick him up.
My friend Jen called me and said she heard a loud noise and that a tree hit her house. I was shocked when she sent this picture. Boy was I glad the dog was in the garage and kids were at school. Luckily no one was hurt other than her home. Yes, there is a home somewhere in that tree.
This is my friend Pattys home, she along with tons of others lost a lot of their siding. Many lost their roofs, tons of trees fell. Garbage cans everywhere!! Our neighborhood looked like a war zone. It was crazy. They ended up canceling school the next day so people could clean up, also because so many buses had been damaged in the wind. I thought for sure McKades play would be canceled but it wasn't. Somehow the theatre had power. When we got off the exit in Centerville it was a little eery because the town was black, nothing had power but the theatre and an office building. All signs were blown out, I must say I never thought anything could close down McDonalds but this did. The whole town was closed down, minus the play. We were lucky as it appears our house held together. Thank you Todd Sowell for building such a strong home. What a scary event, one we will not soon forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment