Sunday, January 8, 2012

After 6 Years we say Goodbye to Real Deals

Six years ago my mom, Char and I bought our first Real Deals store in Bountiful, Utah.  Shortly after that we opened another store in Riverdale, UT.  About a year after that store opened our landlord informed us he was selling our building and we needed to move.  We then moved the store to Layton, UT.  We owned these 2 stores for several years when Char decided that she no longer desired to own a Real Deals.  So we sold the Layton store first and then the Bountiful several months later.  My mom and I really loved Real Deals and so when I met Jen who lived in Grantsville we all decided to open a Real Deals in Tooele.  After operating this store for a couple of years my mom and I decided that it was just to much work and to far away.  It was a very hard, sad day when we told Jen we wanted to sale our shares of the store.  I will miss working with Jen the most she is a great friend and so much fun to be with.  I will get to see my mom still and we will get back to the old fun things we used to do together instead of just always working together.  But, if you have to work it is sure fun to do it with family.  Finally I will miss all the good friends I made at all my stores, my customers were the best, I will miss the fun decor and decorating.  But its time to spend more time with my kids and be more involved in their every growing busy lives.  Thanks Real Deals it was FUN!!
This is the Cover picture when we were on the Hometown Values magazine.
One of my favorite pictures and memories of all time.  Jen and I at a Real Deals convention just letting everyone know where we were from.
Our FUN Tooele store.
Being able to bring the kids to work was always FUN!!

No comments: