Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Christmas Carol starring McKade Lots as Tiny Tim

WARNING LARGEST POST OF ALL TIME!!!!
In September McKades music teacher, Chuck, encouraged McKade to try out for A Christmas Carol so he could gain experience with auditioning. That's all I thought it would be so we were a little more than excited when McKade landed the lead role as Tiny Tim. McKade practiced from the end of September until the end of November when they opened the show on November 26, 2011. The show ran until December 22 and McKade did 3 shows a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and one week he had a matinee and performed 2 shows in one day. It was an amazing experience for him and I wont lie for me as well.  McKade and I spent nearly everyday together driving to and from the theatre which is almost a half hour each way.  We had lots of great talks and really had a lot of time to bond together.  Also I learned so much from this amazing Dickens story.  This story wasn't written for the poor it was written for the rich to save Christmas and get back to the easy part of the holiday season.  GIVING whether it be gifts, or happiness or forgiveness.  What a way to spend our Christmas holiday.  It really brought the spirit of Christmas into our home and reminded us why we celebrate this holiday.  Scrooge would cry as he had his change of heart and I would cry every time with him.  I felt the spirit so strongly, it truly was a gift to be apart of this production this year.  It was busy and required a lot but in the end it was worth it.  I hope McKade can cherish this experience always.

We were told it was not allowed to take video of the show so of course I followed the rules.  But, I only post it here for our memories and I have withheld putting it on Facebook or You Tube so I feel ok that we have it here and only here.  So, ENJOY!!!




I could not upload his best Solo from the window I don't know why, I also couldn't upload stuff from the first scene but you get the idea...
This is the cover of the program.
And here is McKades first bio and hopefully he will have more success to come in anything he chooses to do.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday Cast
McKade & Dave Hill
Dave has been Scrooge for the past 10 years, he is the best Scrooge ever!!
McKade sings "Mum will love them so, Father look the theatre"
McKade sings "I don't need a feast dad all id get is fat, I don't need a turkey how'd I eat all that?"
McKade sings "You mean more to me, than anything"
McKades big solo he sings "Oh what a day I don't care if its gray if its Christmas together people will think were the luckiest family in town mother is making a perfect feast and wearing her loveliest gown and father will come and he'll carry me down to Christmas together." 

McKade sings, "Bless this family, bless this feast and CHEERS to the joy of your company, bless us all from first to least yes here's how the world out to be"
McKade says "God Bless Mr Scrooge"
McKade sneaks in the Children's Choir but not as Tiny Tim and sings his favorite song God Bless us Everyone"


And finally, "AND GOD BLESS US EVERYONE"
Sing Final Song


A magical moment with Scrooge!!
LOOK AT ALL MC's SUPPORT!!
The Lyman Family
Char, Jayde, Mc, Uncle, Katie & Jose
Jose and Mc being a nerd he has lots of photos with this face :(
 Hunter, Phil, Camille, Makenize Lots & McKade
 Jim, Judy, Grandma Mary & McKade
 McKade & Ellie Dean Warren
 Mc Signing Autographs
 Pat & Dean Larsen-friends from our old ward
Kelly, Frank, Jim, Cheryl, Riley and McKade
Colton & McKade
Mc with his voice teacher Chuck
Jeffs boss, Diane and her girls.  Mc being a nerd!!
McKade with the ENTIRE Thacker Family-Friends from our old ward
Mc with boys from my group home
Debbie, Paul, Grandma Warren & McKade-
They drove down from St. George, watched the show and went home.
Garrick, Phaidra, Mike, Ginny, Madison, Brooklynn, Mc & Aydan
Norm & McKade
Norm used to do Roadshows with my Grandpa Cal.  I have missed gramps so much that when I saw Norm each show I felt like gramps was there with me.  It was Wonderful!!
Ryan & Nikkie Jones & Mc
Kim & Jack Bell & McKade
Mike & Patty Murphy, Nate & Janine Porter, John & Bonnie Morgan & Mc
Mc & His school teacher Mrs. Harris
McKade with Cody Montgomery
McKade with his friend Riley
Mc & His BIGGEST Fan-I think I only missed 2 or 3 shows!!
Jeff, Brittani & McKade
Grandma Vickie & Mc-his 2nd biggest fan
Mc with Grandma Vickie and Her Friends
Brian, Corbin, Jen, Olivia, Anna, Ellie Berrong & Mc
The Cox Family
The Johnny B Family
Carrie & Todd Graham and their GIRLS
Allison, Hiliary, Jessica & Jory
Mc & The Music Director Vickie Belnap
AND FINALLY SCROOGE & MC
"AND GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!!"


No comments: