Our friend John Morgan has a dentist office in Evanston, Wyoming. He asked Jen to decorate a tree this year for the Festival of Trees there for charity. Jen then asked me to help her. Jen and I were given a budget and went to work. We have only one knowledge of the Festival of Trees and its in SLC. Boy were we shocked at what we saw when we got to Evanston. Tiny Trees with hardly anything on them other than lights. One tree had a pack of kids toy match box cars on the tree and nothing else. One tree had a garland that wrapped half way around the tree. So what I am saying is it was nothing like what we were thinking with Festival of Trees. I almost took pictures of the other trees but I didn't want to post them on this blog and make fun of them. See I am trying to do better!?!
We decided to get to work, now I give advice, open packages and do what I am told. Jen is the artist who puts it all together. It turned out GORGEOUS. It was a fun tree with fun colors.
Here is Jen with her work of art. I heard later that the tree sold for an unheard of $400 plus dollars. I guess its good it was for charity since we spent double that on doing the tree!!
I should have known better being Wyoming and all but it truly never crossed my mind.
Fun memories!! Fun doing charity events at Christmas time!!


No comments:
Post a Comment