Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Babies

February 17, 2010 snuck up on me so fast. After going to the doctor on December 17th and getting my February date it seemed far enough away. I swear I blinked and it was here. On Tuesday the 16th the U of U called and told me to come in at 10:15am. I asked how many of my embryos had survived the thaw. I was told they had not thawed them yet and I would not know until I arrived in the morning. So, on Wednesday I got up at 5:42am and went to my appointment with my personal trainer, came home, showered, got Mc off and we were on our way to the U. The whole way I kept wondering about my embryos and how many we would have when we got there. When I arrived we got right in and when the doctor came in this is what she handed Jeff and I.



A photo of all 3 of our embryos. It was hard not to get a little teary eyed knowing that all of our babies had survived the thaw. I know I say babies but for me its hard not to look at these little embryos and not think of them as babies. Each embryo only had a 60% chance that they would survive the thaw. She explained and you can tell by the picture that the embryo on top is our best embryo. She said the other two embryos were just hanging on but they were all growing. Isn't it amazing that they can freeze something living for almost two years and then unfreeze it and it immediately starts growing again. AMAZING!!! My doctor, she is new to me and her name is Dr. Guerchef (I know I spelled this wrong) she was great. She was very positive and this is exactly what I needed. We talked for a bit, just life stuff, I have this thing about having to know my doctors. When I was in labor with Mc the doctor came in to do my epidural and I told him we needed to take a minute and talk so I could know him before he stuck me in the back. I am pretty sure he thought I was crazy. Anyway then she explained that I would watch on the TV screen as Tony the Embryologist loaded my embryos in a catheter and then the doctor would put the catheter in my uterus and push the embryos in. It is so crazy to watch all this happen. It went smooth, it took all of 5 minutes and then I slept it off for about a half hour. Did I mention they give me Valium so I am completely relaxed, it is great. I then got home and slept it off some more. I have to stay down now and pray one or two or all three of these little babies will nestle into my uterus and continue to grow so I can take home a baby or babies in 9 months. It will be a long wait til March 1 when I will find out if I am prego or not. Thanks to all of those who have prayed for me and helped me through this process. I appreciate it so much!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Brittani - Good luck, girl. We are praying for you.

Skye said...

That is so exciting!