Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am no longer a retail "chain" store owner!!

On June 1, 2006 My Mom, Char and I opened our first Real Deals on Home Decor store in Bountiful, UT on Main St. We bought Real Deals and a few months later it franchised and we purchased our second Real Deals in Riverdale, UT. That store making us a "Chain." Since then we moved our Riverdale store to Layton when our building was bought and torn down. On October 1, 2009 we sold our Layton store. Char decided she wanted out of Real Deals so we begin our sell of the Bountiful store in November of 2009. My mom and I loved Real Deals so much we didn't want out so we opened our 3rd Real Deals store in Tooele, UT with my friend Jen. So much has happened in the last 3 and 1/2 years with Real Deals but as of today I no longer own a "Chain" of Real Deals stores. Today is our last day of owning the Bountiful store. We sold the store to two great ladies and I hope they have as much fun with the store as we did!!
Some of my favorite memories....
The Bountiful store is located on Main St. Main St is a great blast from the past and not to many of these darling main streets are around anymore. I wish people supported these small businesses more because I fear the quaintness of these little streets are going away. I loved Main St as pictured here when the leaves were all green and the pretty trees lined the street.

Here we are at Studio 5 our 1st TV debut with Real Deals. What a fun day!!

Here we are on Good Things Utah. Our second TV debut!! Also we started as the first Real Deals in Utah and here we are pictured with American Fork, Springville and the Holladay Real Deals stores (St. George, Farr West & Logan couldn't make the show). Real Deals has been the most fun job I have ever had. I will miss sharing this with Char. Bye Bye Bountiful Real Deals, we wish you the best of luck!!!

No comments: