Monday, January 25, 2010

Kitchen "Semi" Re-Model

Ok, if you know me you know I have hated my kitchen cabinets since the day I moved in. I just don't like the light honey color. In my old house I sanded down all my cabinets and painted them and they looked great but it was so much work and I have never had the desire to do it again. So, for Christmas I told my dad I wanted bead board under my counter and some work done on my cabinets. I have the BEST dad in the whole world and he came through so take a look...
BEFORE


AFTER
My dad put bead board around the base of my counter and I painted it black. I also painted the top trim of my cabinets black and then my dad put a rope trim on the bottom of my cabinets and I painted it black. So, not a huge difference but for me it is, I just needed to add something to the boring honey color. Of course now I want to re-do the tops of the cabinets and I now dream of stainless steel appliances!!

Thanks Dad, I love it!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Very cool! I love the changes! Where can I get me some of them handy men??