Wednesday, April 21, 2010

HCG or NO HCG???

Last year my family and I did the Biggest Loser. Three of my family members did HCG and had amazing results. I debated whether or not I should do HCG and decided against it mainly because I was getting ready for another IVF cycle and could not do HCG. But then Jeff did HCG along with my brother and sister in law. When I found out I wasn't pregnant I said screw it for almost a week and gained 6 pounds and was almost back to the 170's in weight. I was very upset because for a year I had been trying to get out of the 160's with my lowest being 161 for about a day and hanging on at 163. So, Jeff and Char said if I wanted I could have their HCG drops and start the diet. So a week after I found out I was not pregnant I started HCG. I did absolutely no research about it I just ate what the book pounds and inches told me eat and that's all I knew. I quit wearing make up, lotion and deodorant for 3 weeks. This is how it went for me (I really should make my blog private after putting in my weight but oh well its just a number and this again is MY journal) my starting weight (after loading & saying screw it for a week) 169.8 lbs, Day 2 I went to 165.6, Day 3 I went to 162.2. I was thinking holy crap in 3 days I am already lighter than I had been working for all last year. Now I stayed at this weight until day 5 when I was 161.4, day 6 161.2, day 7 160.4, day 8 160.2, day 9 160.6, day 10 was FABULOUS I reached 158.8. Now 158 was always my goal weight I had no desire to get any thinner than that. Well once I reached this weight I was like BRING IT ON!!! Day 11 157.6, My weight from there did not change until day 16 and I was struggling with eating 500 calories and losing no weight. When I say struggling I was not hungry just disappointed. I wanted to lose a pound a day I was GREEDY!!!! Day 17 another joyful time I weighed in at 154.8 and stayed there until Day 23 where my final weigh in was 152.2. I was off HCG and on my final day of 500 calories. I was SO HAPPY!! Of course I would have been happier to be in the 140's but come on I was 152.2 and I was thrilled. I was talking to my friend on the phone and she said what clothes can you fit in now. I said none I hadn't been this size since I don't know how long. It was then I remembered saving a pair of Lucky jeans from when Jeff and I were FIRST dating. I pulled them out, and believe it or not I pulled them on and did the damn things up. Now they were UGLY and I have no idea why I kept them, probably because they were $69.00 dollars and back then it was like $250.00 but I could fit in them. I was now really happy but not quite satisfied. To be honest I don't know if I will ever be 100% satisfied but I am motivated. I had 3 weeks of maintenance to complete and I didn't want to gain any weight back in that time. So, I jumped right back into working out and ate great. I feel wonderful and finally finished my HCG diet of 6 weeks including the 3 weeks of maintenance. I had NO SUGAR, or WHITE ANYTHING for 3 weeks not even a sip of PEPSI!!!! I feel GREAT!! I also have new goals and new plans but first....

Here are the jeans when Jeff and I are dating, yeah they fit differently then but remember bitches I have had a baby since then....

Here are the jeans today. They are ugly, they come up to my boobs and taper at the legs and I will never wear them in public but they fit so I am sharing this with you..

So now what, I want to weigh 148 that is my next goal. How do I get there, for me I keep the sugar and white carbs OUT and I started the P90X workouts and so far I love them. I keep feeling great I hope and I keep my body getting more fit!! I really want to run 1/2 marathon but I don't know if my knee will ever allow me to do it but I am going to keep trying for this goal. If nothing else I want to do the South Weber 10K this year. Finally would I recommend HCG to people, I still don't know about that. I don't know enough about the long term effects of it but I know for me it saved me from myself during a very hard time in my life. But now I would prefer to work out hard and lose it the right way but it has to be a big commitment you are ready to take on, the diet is not for wimps or cheaters!!! But if I don't lose the weight I want to now will I do HCG again? I don't know, I hope I don't have to make that choice, I hope I can keep losing on my own!!!

6 comments:

Skye said...

You look great!

Mike and Becca said...

ah that is awesome and feels sooo good. Yeah I would totally say easy on the sugar and whites and that will do it for sure! You look great and I'm glad you feel great.

Linda said...

You go girl! You look fabulous and you are an empowered woman!

Patty said...

So ... the M&M's I just ate at 11 pm was not a good idea! :)

I loved that post! Way to go -

The Hall Family said...

Sweet Britt, hope you can keep it up. I am trying to stay inspired, so thanks for the pick me up. This baby weight needs to be on the way out!!!

The Jeppesen's said...

Britt you look amazing...and it isn't crazy that you kept old jeans. I did and can't wait to be able to put them on again just like you to say "I did it!"....even if they are fugly from the past it is a good feeling and man...you look HOT! That is all that matters. See you soon!