Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Empire State Building

Danny and Tiffany were night time poopers. They liked to go to bed at 9:00PM, not Jeff and I we continued to hit the town. So, when Danny and Tiff turned in early Jeff and I decided to check out the Empire State Building. I am glad we did, it was really neat but the waiting was torture. You had to wait to get up, and wait again to get down.
When we left our hotel it was raining a little bit so we jumped in one of those rickshaws. The kid told us it would be $5.00 and then $1.00 a street so we thought $15.00 bucks no biggie. This is us in the rickshaw, we are still smiling but wait for it...
When we got out the kid told us that will be $18.00 EACH, Jeff said each and then the kid pointed to the small print. So it cost us $40.00 to get there on the way back we took a cab and it was only $5.00. We figure if that is all we got screwed by in New York we were doing rather well.

The walls, elevators, etc were amazing but then you looked up and the ceiling was not finished. I thought this was weird. It really made it feel like an amusement ride with that and all the lines instead of really a building. I want to know if any of the building is actually used or if its just for tourists. And if it is used I would like to check those floors out!!

Jeff on top of the Empire State Building. To bad our camera sucks at night because it was really neat up there. I was a little nervous I'm not going to lie I swear I felt the building sway. I was glad to see it but happy to get down.

Brittani

KING JEFFREY!!



No comments: