Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My First (and maybe FINAL) 10K

Saturday August 7, 2010 I ran my first 10K with a bunch of my friends in the neighborhood. I trained with my friend Skye since probably May sometime. The morning of the race Kim decided to have us over before the run so we could eat some bagels, juice, etc.
I can't believe Kim is having a Diet Coke prior to the race, I love it so I had to take a picture.
She is the queen of Diet Coke!!
To continue with tradition, our shoes!! Starting with mine that are orange and going left to Janine Porter, Skye Thompson, Kim Dearden and Jen Berrong.

Before the race, Skye Thompson, Kim Dearden, Brittani Lots, Jennifer Berrong, and Janine Porter.
Here we are about mile 2ish, Brittani, Kim and Skye. The first two miles were up hill so we were already tired at this point.
We FINISHED!!
Brittani Lots, Jennifer Berrong, Kim Dearden, Lisa Winsor, Skye Thompson
I finished my 10K and actually took 14 minutes off my best practice time. I finished the race in 63 minutes which is good my goal was to do it in under an hour and 10 minutes. But, I guess I pushed myself so hard that I was very ill for the rest of the day. The whole time I ran I just wanted it to be over, I don't think I will be running much farther than a 10K in my lifetime. My knee also killed me the entire time and I can't imagine a 26.2 mile marathon??? But in the end I DID IT and I am proud of myself!!!


No comments: