Saturday, April 23, 2011

Chinese New Year the Year of the Rabbit

Chinese New Year officially began on February 3, 2011 this year.  While we were in China we bought the below decorations to add a little culture to our home.  Its the year of the Rabbit (Jeff and I are both Rabbits, the Chinese thought we were crazy because you are supposed to marry someone who brings balance to your life and this does not.  Maybe that is why our marriage is always work?) I hope to gather more decor and learn more customs to share with Kian throughout the upcoming years.  We did start the celebration off by having Chinese food.  Chinese New Year lasts two weeks but in our home we celebrated 1 day and left the decor up for a few weeks.  Man I really need to learn more customs and make them our traditions.
Kian about to have Chinese food for the first time in America.
We went to Mandarin Palace in Layton and I have to say I was greatly disappointed.  The food was great as always but nothing in that place said Chinese New Year.  I also asked the people working if they knew Chinese and they did but wouldn't speak to Kian.  I need to find a restaurant that really celebrates this holiday!!
McKade actually loves Chinese food so that made this night more enjoyable.
Me and my boys, oh how I love them!!
Bring on the Year of the Rabbit!!!

No comments: