Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Neighborhood Baby Shower

My friends in my neighborhood threw Kian and I a wonderful baby shower.  Janine Porter did the announcement, I loved that she put Chinese writing on it. (thank goodness Kian and I were able to get a haircut yesterday before tonight!!)
This is Jen Berrong who hosted the shower, it was amazing with tons of yummy food.  I felt to blessed by all those who came and gave Kian such a warm welcome and humbled by all the kindness and gifts.  If you want to hold Kian you have to feed him, right now its working.
I love this picture of Kian and I!!
As the guests came and gave us presents they held Kian if they would let him.  This didn't last very long.
Brittani, Kimberly Finlinson, Mailei & Shauna Jarman
This is Mailei and Kian, Mailei babysits for McKade all the time so she needs to get to know Kian so she can watch him as well.  McKade loves to have her come over. 
Kian got really upset and I couldn't get him to stop crying even with food.  I had to call Jeff to come and pick him up and the second he left with Jeff he quit crying.  I think he got to overwhelmed, also he doesn't really like women like he does men.  I felt bad after this for those who came to see Kian and he was gone:( 
Annette Poulson and Brittani
I have visit taught Annette for the past couple years and really enjoy her company.  She gave Kian a darling little outfit.
Jen Berrong and Brittani, a lady in my ward, Sara Mapes, knitted this darling sweater for Kian.  I was so touched by this because she is new to the ward and I hardly know her because she is in primary.  I know how many hours this must have taken and it really was a very kind gift.
Jen and I were out shopping shortly after I was matched with Kian and I found this bag and thought it was darling and told Jen it would make a great diaper bag.  She went back and bought me the bag, how sweet is she.  Seriously, I dont think I would have gotten through this whole experience without Jen.  She is the reason we kept Kians middle name Jian (pronounced so close to Jen).  If we had Godparents in our religion it would be them!!
Jen, Brittani, Janine Porter
Great friends thanks so much for all you have done for me and my family. 
Kim Bell and Brittani
Kim made Kian the most darling quilt, by herself with some help from her mom.  Again I cant believe how wonderful my friends are I love and appreciate them so much.
Just some of the presents we got: blankets, towells, clothes, toy and book for McKade, diapers and wipes (it is April and I still have yet to buy diapers and wipes, thanks so much for all the wonderful gifts.)
Jen, Janine, Brittani & Patty-Where is Bonnie Morgan?
These gals have been an absolute blessing to me, not only did they help throw this wonderful shower but they stocked my fridge with food when I got home, made sure my house was clean to return to, brought in dinners the first week and on and on.  I can never thank you enough, I love you gals!!
More gifts-potty, step stool, toys, Pj's, treats, and on and on!!!  Thanks again for everything, I live in the best neighborhood EVER!!!  I love you all so much...

No comments: