Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our First "OFFICIAL" Family Photos

Jeffs sister, Jessica, was very nice to get us in right away for our first "official" family photos.  When I say right away I mean we got home January 22 and she took our photos January 30th.  I really wanted to send out Kians adoption announcement right away because many people had no idea we had adopted since it all happened so fast.  So I will start with my two favorite photos of Kian.

So Happy!!
This was actually at the end of the photo shoot and he was done.  This is the outfit we received Kian in so I really wanted his picture in it.  As you can tell he didn't!!

SPLIT PANTS...
This is the entire reason why I wanted this shot. Such a cute tiny bum!! I feel horrible now because while taking this shot he peed in this outfit so when I got home I washed it and the colors bled and changed and the outfit frayed and is pretty much ruined.  I am so glad I got a photo in it but sad for the day I show it to Kian and its just not the same.  I asked Jessi for the color version of this picture mainly to have any photos to show him what he came in on that day.  I LOVE this shot!!!

What Special Need??
I still have a hard time believing that cleft lip and palate is considered a special need and thrilled when people as me what his special need is because they don't notice his lip.  As you can see his lip looks great and the doctor says it will look even better once he redoes it and makes it straighter and takes the thickness out of the scar.  (The scar got very thick and hard due to so much exposure while he was outside in the cold and sunshine!!)  Kian glows in this picture and I just love his EYES!!

Sweet BOY!!
McKade has been an only child for 7 years.  That is a long time so I was really worried that he would be a little monster for awhile but he hasn't.  McKade has been so wonderful to Kian and to me, he is so helpful and NEVER complains.  Mc may be only 7 but he gets it, he gets that Kian needs a home and people to love him and he is more than happy to do it!!  Man he is HANDSOME!!

Kian

Future Model or Movie Star??
This has to be my favorite shot of McKade, he is so...so... I don't know, funny, charming, mysterious, sweet I guess all those things!

The Lots Family
I love this picture it speaks a thousand words.  Jeff and I thinking how lucky we are or maybe what have we done, Mc is just plain happy and Kian is like Whats UP???

MY BOYS!!
How lucky am I to have two darling boys who I love so much!!

Like Father Like son...
Dad and His BOYS!!
Kian doesn't look to thrilled to be in this picture but he loves his dad so much.  I am so happy Kian likes us both and that he is daddy's boy!!

So Happy Together
We have so many fun family shots I just chose a couple.

McKade, love his curls!!

Cheezzzzyyyyy Grin!!
What a perfect picture, Kian doing my favorite funny smile!!

McKade being silly.

Brothers!!
I know we have only had Kian a short time but it feels like he has always been apart of our family.  He fits in perfectly and I am so thankful he has joined our family and our home.  I would cry often thinking of McKade never getting the chance to have a sibling.  I am so grateful he will now know that joy and love.  I always thought it would be a sister but how special that he has a little brother to teach so much to.
**Photos by Bellarose Photography contact Jessica Coronado at 801-821-1838 or view her blog in my blog list on the right.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Love the pics!

melanie liljenquist said...

Britt,

I am so Happy for you. Such a cute Family. Isn't it amazing how things just work out. You have a beautiful Family. I need to come see you soon and see your new addition. what a doll.