Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Secret Hobby


Some of you know about my secret hobby, crocheting. It is something my mom taught me during my first invitro. I was going crazy just hanging out on the couch so you taught me to crochet to keep my hands and mind busy. It was my saving grace and has been through all 4 of my invitro's. Lately I have been crocheting like a mad woman. I honestly think its because I have been so stressed out and busy it is something I can do to keep my mind off everything and it makes me sit still for five minutes. This is just one of the 3 projects I have going right now. I started this on our trip to Moab and chose blue because my girlfriend Mindy is pregnant with a boy and I thought this would make a nice gift. She is also a photographer so I thought the frame was a nice touch. My girlfriends from High School all came over this week and we had dinner and a small baby shower for Mindy who was contracting all night. It was so much fun to see each other again and catch up on every ones lives. We have been trying to get together every 3 months and do a pretty good job of it. I am no expert at crocheting but I have been teaching myself some new stitches and getting my moms help on a few things like using more than one color in a project. I know its old school and a little silly but I think its was kept Mc alive these past few weeks and me sane. I usually just stitch around a blanket but decided its time to advance to harder projects. I have only completed about 3 blankets prior to this one and I still need lots of practice.

No comments: