

This summer I decided to try running again. I tried once before a couple of years ago and my body could not handle it. People keep telling me that if I keep doing it I will love it. I am still trying to make myself believe this. But Kim and I decided early this summer that we would run the 5K. So we have tried running a couple times a week to prepare. Early this week we recruited Janine to run it with us. They are much better runners than I but I made a challenge for myself and I accomplished it this morning. Kim Dearden came in 3rd in her age group, hence the beautiful medal. Janine came in 6th and I came in 10th in our age group. I was able to run the entire race and for that I am proud of myself. I in now way want to run out and train for a marathon but maybe next year I could try the 10K. We will see, but it was a lot of fun and I am glad I did it with my friends.
1 comment:
I'm proud of you for accomplishing this. Way to go.
Post a Comment