Monday, August 24, 2009

Park City

Does this look like a kid who did not want to ride the dang slide?? He rode the slide so he got to play mini golf!!

Nikki
Jen Hebdon
The Summer is coming to an end and school starts Monday so we decided to take a day trip to Park City. We started our day at Little America for their brunch. It was delicious but as always McKade would not eat. In the end we paid $8.95 for him to take 4 bites of french toast. The kid makes me crazy with his eating. Next we went up to the outlets and did a little shopping until McKade complained enough and we left. We then ended up at the Alpine Slide. McKade has been on the Alpine Slide since he was one years old. We snuck him on because he would tell everyone he is two. So when they asked him how old he was he said two. Now he is five and had no desire to go on the slide. He seriously started to throw a huge fit crying and screaming. The kids fears are crazy and I have no idea what happened to make him afraid of EVERYTHING. Our friends Jen and Hollis where there and to my complete embarrassment witnessed me FREAK OUT on my child. Wait lets go back a day.. Saturday I took the day off to stay home and get caught up on life. McKade sharted in his undies at least 12 times and I am not exaggerating, just ask Nikki. I had reached my final straw with him and told him to take a nap so I would not hurt him. He did, he woke up, he showered, he dressed, he sharted again, we cleaned him up AGAIN and he went out to play. Nikki was vacuuming so I could not hear him well but I heard a faint crying. I went outside sure that I would find him with yet again poop in his pants. But no, I could not find him but I could hear him. Finally I saw this blond afro peeking up from the window well. Mc was in there crying with fear that spiders were going to get him. He went in after a ball and could not get out. I asked him how long he had been down there and he said 2 hours. It may have been 5 minutes but to him 2 hours. So Saturday I was done!!!! Then Sunday he would not eat, Again I was DONE!!! Sunday in Park City he freaked out and I LOST IT!!! I acted on his level and took a time out to not kill him, finally I took him kicking and screaming up the mountain and he rode the slide and of course the little terd laughed the whole way down and loved it. Jen and Hollis left prior to riding the slide but unfortunately not prior to our blow up. McKade and I called them to apologize for our behavior. Why I ask myself do I let this kid push my buttons so??? Seriously, I had a horrible weekend with him but then he says sorry and so do I and he is so cute and we hug and kiss and its all better. But, I am exhausted and mortified with our behavior this weekend. Am I the only one who sucks so bad at motherhood???????????? Really it was not the little end of day summer outing that I had planned at all!! Sorry to vent but again this is my only journal and for some reason I feel I need to document this stuff. Who knows why??

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Britt~ You are soooo not the only Mother that has freakouts. I am so surprised that you haven't heard me screaming at my kids all the way at your house...or maybe you do! :D Char and I were talking about this just the other day, and I think that "Time outs" are very necessary!! I think that our kids are more like us than we think, and in turn, we are more like them than we think! Your a great mom!

Emily, Jerimy and River said...

Dude, you are an awesome mom. We all have our breaking points! Sounds like in the end the slide was fun. You gotta love the different stages they go through. You are definitely ahead of me, I'll be calling you for advice!