Monday, August 3, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple





Wednesday July 29, 2009 I finally got around to taking McKade to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I had been wanting to go but summer has been so busy we hadn't gotten around to going. Since the open house ended on 8/1/09 we hurried and went. Kelly, Riley, Sage, Nikki, and Cheryl went with McKade and I on the tour. It is a beautiful temple, so much that I want to get my degree, meet the right people and decorate a temple. Seriously the fabrics, mirrors, art, lamps, wallpaper, accessories were perfect. Above and beyond all that this is a very special temple. This is the first city in the world to have two temples. Pretty amazing!! My friends Wayne and Charlene Wright were over the tents, etc and they did a great job. The reception center was set up beautifully and the cookies were very yummy. We got to be involved on a very very small scale by helping get a couple of tables through Real Deals for the reception tent. I am glad McKade was able to see the temple and what an important part of the gospel this is. It was very special to hold him in the sealing room and look into the mirrors and explain that we would be together for eternity. The Spirit was very strong and you could tell all there could feel it. I wish Jeff could have been with us.

No comments: