I have to document his funny things so I can tell him all about it when he is older. This is my only form of journaling these days.
Last week my mom was talking to McKade about Strangers now that he is in school. She was explaining to him that he was not allowed to go with anyone he didn't know and should not talk to people he does not know. Rob chimed in as well and they told him if a stranger comes up to him he should scream and run for help. Mc replies, "Why don't I just kick him in the wiener." It took a minute for my mom or Rob to talk as I am sure they were trying to keep their cool. They responded with, no just run and get help.
This reminded me of a time when Mc was 3 years old and I was trying to teach him about strangers. We had been talking for awhile about strangers and when I was done I decided to give him a little test. I said Mc if a stranger came up to you and wanted to take you to the zoo what do you say. He looked at me and I could see him thinking and he said, "PLEASE!"
Two years later and he still does not understand Stranger Danger!!

No comments:
Post a Comment