After we ran the South Weber Days 5K we decided to run another race. Janine found this one from her sister who lives in Santa Clara. So, we decided to make a weekend of it and we did!!
We drove down Friday night, ate some Pasta, talked and laughed a lot, slept little and got up at 5:30am to run. Here we are in the morning prior to the run.
We recruited Jen to run with us and she is a great addition to our team mainly because she stays with me while the other two pass us seconds after we start!!
My friend Jess told us we needed pictures of our shoes before the race. Cute!!
My friend Jess told us we needed pictures of our shoes before the race. Cute!!It was a great run, beautiful, great temperature and FUN!!
Janine won in our group with 28 minutes, then Kim with 29 minutes and Jen and I tied each other with 30 minutes. My goal was to do it in 30 minutes so I am happy. I did a 9.55 minute mile. I would love to get it down to a 9 minute mile. That is my goal for next time or at least a 9.30 minute mile. I want you all to know I still HATE running. I keep hearing it will get easier but it doesn't my legs are killing me and it really hurts. I cant even comprehend how people run 26 miles when 3.2 kill me!! But I would like to improve and maybe try a 10K next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment