Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Any News on China? Sorry NO!!

Last night I wrote a pretty desperate email to our adoption agency. I must say I was shocked to get a call today from our agency. I really must have sounded desperate!! The lady who called was so nice to explain the little she could explain to me. I wish it were good news but it really is no news. Other than they are currently working on LID dates for April of 2006. LID date is the order you are in for your child. Our LID date is December 2007, yes that means we have almost been waiting 3 years. Some of you may be thinking man it sure seems longer than that, well it is it took us a whole year to get our paperwork in and approved, the process is crazy!! The Chinese government in April of 2007 made it harder for certain people to adopt from China. So not as many families and individuals could submit their paperwork and be accepted. So, once we get through all the April 2006-April 2007 LID, things should pick up. The bad news is we have no idea how long that will take. The agency could not even guess!! It could be 3, 2 or 5 years, who knows. What this did tell me is Jeff and I need to decide if and how we are going to have more kids. We both know China feels perfect and we can't wait to bring her to our home but other than that nothing feels quite right so we need to pray and do some serious soul searching!!

No comments: