When the 4th of July falls on a Sunday in Utah it means you celebrate for 3 days and that's what we did. We started the weekend off on Saturday at the Stadium of Fire with Carrie Underwood.
Carrie Underwood did an AMAZING performance, my favorite was during "Jesus Take the Wheel" instead of singing the final verse she blended the song into "How Great Thou Art" it was very touching and made me feel like she gets it. The reason for this great day, for being here, for her gifts, she gets it!!
During the fireworks the dancers made the United States on the field with glow sticks, the fireworks were great!!
This is Nikki and her boyfriend Ryan.
My Mom and my Grandma Gina.
So here is me with my boy. I LOVE him but I was ready to KILL him. He is completely crazy and needs some serious help. He has so much anxiety it drives me crazy, if there would have been hard liquor or even caffeine in the stadium I would have had a drink to calm myself down. McKade hates fireworks because of the noise, that's the reason for the awesome headphones he is sporting!! So he was great and then when the concert started he started to worry about the fireworks and cry and drive me nuts. I finally grabbed his arm and threatened everything I could come up with and then held him like a baby. I also reminded him that he was RUINING MY FUN!!! Which he was I really wanted to enjoy the concert and I WAS NOT!!!! He calmed down enough and with Nikki's help even smiled a little bit. Then the fireworks started and the little or HUGE SHIT actually enjoyed the damn things. Seriously he needs help I don't know how to handle his anxiety and trying to talk him into things and then having him enjoy it, its EXHAUSTING mentally and emotionally!! I do refuse to sit home because he is scared of stuff but I have to find a better way to deal with his anxiety issues.Overall the Stadium of Fire was great and Carrie Underwood was AMAZING!!
And I still LOVE my son!!
He wanted me to take a picture but flashed his peace sign and hid his mouth!!
We spent the evening at our friend Jess and Wayne's home and he was so excited to show everyone his lost tooth. In the middle of the night he woke me up to tell me the tooth fairy came and brought him $5.00. He was so excited, me not so much!!
July 5th my mom had the idea for all of us to go on a bike ride. This was McKades first time on a bike trail and he had so much fun. We started in Farmington and went behind Lagoon so we could see the Buffalo and Elk, Mc loved this. Then we went over the freeway bridge and onto Legacy. It was so much fun.
July 5th my mom had the idea for all of us to go on a bike ride. This was McKades first time on a bike trail and he had so much fun. We started in Farmington and went behind Lagoon so we could see the Buffalo and Elk, Mc loved this. Then we went over the freeway bridge and onto Legacy. It was so much fun. This is Mc and Brookie ready to head out!
Me, McKade, my mom and dad, Ginny, Mike, Brookie and Aydan all went on the bike ride and had so much fun.
Here we all are, mom is taking the picture. Now Mc wants to go on bike trails everyday!!
After the bike ride we went to see a movie and then golfing and out to dinner for Nikki's birthday. We had a FUN weekend but now I want rest that I will not get.
Me, McKade, my mom and dad, Ginny, Mike, Brookie and Aydan all went on the bike ride and had so much fun.
Here we all are, mom is taking the picture. Now Mc wants to go on bike trails everyday!!After the bike ride we went to see a movie and then golfing and out to dinner for Nikki's birthday. We had a FUN weekend but now I want rest that I will not get.
Happy 4th of July, I love ya AMERICA!!


1 comment:
you can tell your friends the only place I'll ever eat a corn dog is at henrys drive in! :) my pa grew up in panguitch i'm sure he knows the simpkin family. yeah for sure put it on your calendar
Post a Comment