Sunday, June 6, 2010

Memorial Day

This Memorial Day as usual Jeff had to work and Mc and I had no plans. My parents were going to visit graves so I thought it would be a good time to take Mc and be an example for what we should do and how we should show our respect for those who passed before us. It ended up being a very nice day and some good mom to son conversation.
This is my Great Grandpa Charles Albert Warren. He is my Grandpa Cal's dad. I never got the opportunity to meet the man he died long before I was born. As you can see he served in the Army in World War II. Mc liked to see who had flags and was impressed by all those who had served in the military. Even though I never met Albert I have a great connection with this man. He came to me in a dream and helped me make a very important decision. For this I am so thankful for, I cant wait to one day meet him I know we will have so much to talk about. (Actually I can wait I want to live a long life but you know what I mean!!)

My uncle Paul lost two daughters Ashley and Jennifer. Ashley lived for a few months and Jennifer only lived for a couple of hours. I can't remember why they died but I do remember their funerals, I was so young and the coffins were so small. I cant remember if I went to both funerals but I for sure remember one. It was my first experience with death and I didn't understand why they had to die. It prepared me for times I have been through in my life, particularly while working with a girl whose baby had a condition and lived only for a matter of days. She to had to bury her daughter and I remembered these sweet girls who had passed on years before.

Jennifer and Ashley are buried next to Great Grandpa Albert and Grandpa Cal.

This was really hard to see and I imagine it will be for awhile yet. My grandpa has been dead just over a year and at times it still doesn't seem real. Its also hard to see the other side knowing that one day it will hold my grandmas name. I pray it wont be for 20 years. She is so special to me and she has to stay around for a long, long time!! My grandpa also served in the military.

After spending time in SLC we headed home to Clearfield to Grandpa Benincosa's grave. This is my dads dad, William. He was a sweet man, very quiet who I didn't know very well but had kind eyes, large ears and a loving embrace. I wish so much I could have gotten to know him better but I know he had to be amazing because my dad is the greatest and I am sure a lot of his wonderful traits came from this man!! William also served in the military.
We had a great day together McKade and I and I pray we will always be close and he will always want to hang out with his mom!!

No comments: