


We got into Nauvoo late Thursday night just in time to eat a light dinner before the whole town closed down. We were hoping to see Carthage today but got in to late after our flight was delayed for bad weather in Chicago. This was an amazing place to begin our journey. The spirit in this place is indescribable. I learned a lot from the film a couple of stories I had never heard before like when Joseph gives a man his horse to sale so the man will have the money to buy his son out of slavery. Also when Joseph climbs out of the carriage and grabs the reigns and calms the running horses and no one is injured. These were two stories I had never heard but was thrilled to learn more about our prophet Joseph Smith. I find myself saying Joseph like we are old friends. I guess its because after you spend time in a place like Carthage and Nauvoo he is exactly the kind of friend you want around. Someone who ALWAYS stands up for what he believes in, is willing to teach anyone the gospel even when he is behind bars he shows love and compassion to his captors, a man who gave EVERYTHING so we could all have this gospel today. I think Joseph knew these were his final days but I also believe he knew it was not everyones final days and the other two men I think Willard was his name and John Taylor had very important jobs still left to do. The stories of their survival and the conversations they had with Joseph prior to the martyr are ones I will cherish. I am thankful we visited this place during the off season without the crowds and the heat but I look forward to going when everything is up and running and we can spend more time there, one day for Nauvoo is just not enough. I also want to share this sacred place with my family. I do feel blessed to have spent this time with my grandma, she has truly become my greatest friend. I love having her close and getting to spend time with her, laugh with her, talk with her, shop with her and just everything with her. I have missed this so much in the past that I will spend anytime I can to make as many memories with her as possible. I post a couple of pictures but I must admit it was hard for me to take pictures in this room for some reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment